Because there is no direct tool contact, Waterjet cutting gives a smooth, high quality, surface finish. The biggest benefit is that waterjet cutting usually eliminates the necessity for any secondary processes i.e de-burring.
Main advantages of using precision Waterjet cutting
- Smooth Surface Finish
- Heat will not affect the material at all – it is a cold process
- No direct tool contact, eliminating the chance of edge deformation
- Materials from 0.5mm to 180mm thick can be profiled
- Almost any material can be cut
- Intelligent nesting maximizes material yield
- The operation is very clean, with a high level of accuracy.
- No additional costs for tooling
The need for further machining processes can often be eliminated
At Fluid Profiling we have a maximum cutting area or 3.1m x 2m and can process materials unto 180mm thick with a typical part tolerance of ±0.25mm (can be closer if required).